0344 947 8691
- 3 Years Insurance
- 3 Years Servicing
- 3 Years Tax
- 3 Years Warranty
These prices are based on the Higher Rate Motability Component. Pricing and offers are correct at the date of publication and are subject to confirmation. Pricing may not be accurate as pricing is updated quarterly. Unless otherwise stated, metallic paint at extra cost. Library image for illustration purposes only.
Front + rear carpet mats, Rain sensor, ABS, Car2X communication, Driver alert system, Warning buzzer and light for front seatbelts unfastened, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Luxary brown wood decorative inserts...
It's easy with Motability! You choose the car, we do the rest.
Combined - 0 mpg EC Extra Urban - 0 mpg EC Urban - 0.
Insurance groups range from 1 to 50 and dictates the cost of the vehicles insurance. The higher the group, the higher the insurance will be for the vehicle.
BHP rates the engine performance of vehicles and stands for the brake horsepower.
CO2 is the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the vehicle in grams per kilometre travelled, the lower the CO2 emissions the cleaner the vehicle is for the environment.
Number Of Seats
The total number of seats in the vehicle.
Road Tax is based upon the CO2 emissions of the vehicle and is split into 13 bands from A to M. The higher the letter the greater the cost of tax paid to drive the vehicle on public roads. In addition to the road tax detailed below, any vehicle that had a manufacturers retail price in excess of £40,000 when first sold, attracts a road tax supplement of an additional £320 per year. This is charged until the vehicle is 6 years old.
Ten Second Review
Volkswagen has reimagined what its Golf family hatchback should be, this eighth generation model packaged very differently from its predecessor. Under the skin, hybrid engineering is prevalent further up the range but for potential buyers, what will probably matter most is the distinctive new nose and the classy minimalist cabin. Loyal Golf owners will find lots to like here.
As one former Volkswagen Group Chairman once pointed out, 'the biggest mistake any Volkswagen Golf can make is to stop being a Golf'. Which is why the seven previous generation versions of this model have been marked by such gradual evolution. Visually though, this MK8 model certainly looks a little more distinct. Too much of a change? Only you can decide. In some ways, this eighth generation version isn't actually quite as much of a step forward as its predecessor. Most of the stuff you can't see is the same as before - the MQB platform and most of the engines for example. And the ground-breaking full-electric e-Golf is no more; Volkswagen wants to reserve full-battery-tech for its new ID family of models. Still, mild hybrid-tech features strongly and there are big steps forward in cabin design and quality. Sounds promising.
Most of the engineware in this Golf is carried over from before and as usual, gearboxes include the normal 6-speed manual and 7-speed DSG auto transmission options. The line-up starts with a 110PS 1.0-litre TSI petrol unit which is paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox. The volume part of the petrol range is built around Volkswagen's familiar 1.5-litre TSI EVO powerplant, developing either 130 or 150PS. The faster 150PS version of this unit makes 62mph from rest in 8.5s en route to a maximum of 139mph and if you order it with the optional 7-speed DSG auto transmission, you'll get Volkswagen's latest 'eTSI' mild hybrid tech included. There's also a Golf GTE plug-in hybrid which mates a 1.4-litre TSI 150PS petrol engine with an 85kW electric motor, creating a total system output of 245PS, yet offering an all-electric WLTP-rated driving range of 36 miles. You'll search in vain for a full-electric version to replace the outgoing e-Golf: Volkswagen's ID.3 model will cover off that niche. The MK8 Golf GTI hot hatch also offers 245PS from an uprated 'EA888 evo4' version of the usual 2.0 TSI turbo petrol powerplant. If you want a diesel, you'll find that Volkswagen has improved its 2.0-litre TDI 150PS offering, plus, as before, there's a 115PS version of this same TDI powerplant for entry-level customers. At the top of the range, the same engine develops 200PS in the top Golf GTD. From an engineering perspective, this MK8 Golf, like its predecessor, uses the same front-wheel drive MQB platform, here updated so as to offer greater structural rigidity. As usual, there's the option of Volkswagen's 'DCC' 'Dynamic Chassis Control' adaptive damping system which works with a 'Driver Profile' driving modes system offering 'Eco', 'Comfort', 'Sport' and 'Individual' settings. And of course there's extra camera-driven tech, including an optional 'Travel Assist' system which combines Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane assist to allow 'hands-free' driving at speeds of 130mph. Which sounds vaguely alarming but which Volkswagen assures us is a significant safety aid.
Design and Build
From the front, you might think that this MK8 model line doesn't look especially 'Golf-like' with its lower nose and slimmer grille flanked by beady full-LED headlights. Different front bumper styling varies with different trim levels and the rear features a set of angular LED tail lamps. The rear hatch features the brand's latest logo above 'Golf' lettering and the arrow-shaped C-pillar design (a Golf signature feature since the fourth generation model) is carried forward onto this one. Dimensionally, this model is virtually the same size as its predecessor and as before, there's a choice of either five-door hatch or estate body styles. Inside, there's a radical difference over the previous model with a contemporary cabin dominated by a couple of screens. There's a 10-inch centre-dash infotainment monitor with the usual features - including 'Apple CarPlay'/'Android Auto' smartphone-mirroring which can now be operated wirelessly. Complementing this is a 10.25-inch 'Digital Cockpit' TFT instrument display screen - the largest in the segment. Elsewhere, virtually all the traditional switches and buttons have made way for touch-sensitive ones - though buttons on the steering wheel and door panel do remain, as does the dash one for the hazard flashers. Rear seat space and boot capacity both remain much as before, so reasonably class-competitive.
Market and Model
To start with, there's a single five-door hatch body shape and just two trim levels, base 'Life' and plusher 'Style'. As we said earlier, there are just engines - the 1.5 TSI EVO petrol in 130 and 150PS forms and the 2.0 TDI EVO diesel in 115 and 150PS guises. The Golf has always been one of the pricier options in the family hatchback segment - and it still is. You're looking at pricing in the £23,000-£29,000 bracket. In other words, this car, as before, has been price-positioned just above mainstream family hatch models like Ford's Focus and Vauxhall's Astra. And just below premium-badged family hatch contenders like BMW's 1 Series, Audi's A3 and the Mercedes A-Class. To combat the technology of ritzy models like these, this MK8 Golf arrives with quite a portfolio of optional semi-autonomous driving tech, including a 'Travel Assist' feature that allows the car to accelerate, steer and brake on motorways at speeds of up to 130mph. Standard equipment across the range includes a 10-inch centre-dash infotainment screen with an operating interface that responds to the command 'Hey Volkswagen', followed by whatever you want to ask. Also standard are the full-LED headlights and the 10.25-inch 'Digital Cockpit' instrument binnacle screen. Entry-level cars run on 16in wheels, but higher levels will gain 17-inch rims, plus extra ambient lighting options, chrome exhausts and leather trim options. Plush 'R-Line' models will get bespoke bumpers, trim elements and sports seats, with various similar tweaks featuring on the GTE version. Volkswagen also says that this MK8 Golf will be upgradeable, so if required, features like adaptive cruise control, light assist and a wi-fi hotspot can be added and enabled after you bought the car.
Cost of Ownership
Across the range, fuel consumption is claimed to have improved by around 10%. The base 1.0 TSI petrol unit manages WLTP returns of up to 53.3mpg on the combined cycle and up to 121g/km of CO2. The mild hybrid 48-volt electrical system that features on the volume 1.5-litre petrol Golf models should allow for a decent improvement in running cost efficiency. It recovers energy that would otherwise be wasted when slowing down, redeploying up to 16hp and 25Nm of electric boost under acceleration. The top 150PS version of the 1.5 TSI petrol unit manages up to 51.4mpg on the WLTP cycle, with up to 110g/km of NEDC-rated CO2 emissions, figures that the lesser 130PS version of this engine improves to 52.3mpg and up to 108g/km. If you'd rather have one of the more conventional TDI diesel units, you'll find that both are cleaner than before, with changes claimed to cut CO2 emissions by 17%. The 2.0 TDI EVO 115PS unit manages up to 49.6mpg on the WLTP cycle, with up to 112g/km of NEDC-rated CO2 emissions, figures that the lesser 115PS version of this engine improves to 67.3mpg and up to 91g/km. For the GTE plug-in hybrid, Volkswagen claims a combined fuel economy figure of around 240mpg and emissions of about 32g/km. The car's coasting function (available with DSG auto transmission) is always active helping with combined cycle WLTP figures we've just mentioned. Even more significantly, a new AdBlue delivery system cuts nitrogen oxide emissions across the TDI range by 80%. Volkswagen plans to introduce mild hybrid into these diesel units too in the near future. And warranties? Well the standard package is three years and 60,000 miles. We can't see why Volkswagen couldn't extend that mileage limit to 100,000 miles, since that what you get on its mechanically very similar Caddy model. Doing that though, wouldn't give Volkswagen dealers so much of an opportunity to sell extended warranty packages. There's one for four years and 75,000 miles or, if you plan to see a bit more of the world in your Golf, there's a five year / 90,000 mile package.
By Jonathan Crouch
If you're looking for a new Volkswagen Golf 1.5 TSI 150 Style 5dr Petrol Hatchback for sale, you've come to the right place. At Vertu Volkswagen we don't just have the best Volkswagen Golf 1.5 TSI 150 Style 5dr Petrol Hatchback deals, we also offer friendly advice and help with all your enquiries to ensure your buying experience is a happy experience.
What are you waiting for? Make an enquiry online using the link above or call one of our friendly sales advisors today.
Key Standard Features*
- Solid - Urano grey
- Remote central locking with SAFELOCK and Start/Sop button (Keyless Go)
- Solid paint
- Light assist - High beam assist ( Automatic sensing for switching between dipped and main beam)
- Three spoke leather trimmed multifuction steering wheel with gear knob
- Heat insulating tinted glass in side and rear windows
- Front windscreen washers and wipers with 4x interval delay
- Discover navigation system - 10" touch screen, FM and DAB, USB C socket connection, Title and cover art display, Bluetooth connectivity + 6 speakers
- Power assisted speed sensitive steering
- Front and rear ultrasonic parking sensors, audible with audio volume reduction when activated + optical parking display via vehicles infotain system
- Multifunction camera for distance control
- Dynamic headlight range control
- LED daytime running lights
- LED Plus headlights with integrated cornering and poor weather light
- Art velours cloth - Soul + front sports comfort seats
- Art velours cloth - Storm grey + front sports comfort seats
- 17" Belmont alloy wheel with anti theft wheel bolts
- Tyre mobility kit Includes 12V compressor and tyre sealant
- Rain sensor
- Front and rear electric windows
- Heated rear windscreen
- Rear windscreen washer and wiper with interval delay
- Heat insulating glass windscreen
- Rear disc brakes
- Front disc brakes
- Electronic parking brake with auto hold
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
- Wired and wireless app connect
- Car2X communication
- Wireless app connect
- Driver alert system
- Dynamic road sign display
- Adaptive cruise control (ACC) with speed limiter and front assist (reacting to vehicles pedestrians and cyclists)
- Lane assist
- Active Info display 10.25" high resolution TFT dash display with customisable menu and information
- Warning buzzer and light for front seatbelts unfastened
- Speedo, rev counter, electronic odometer, trip, service interval display, exterior temperature and fuel gauge
- eCall - Emergency call service for SOS calls to emergency response
- Digital cockpit
- Travel assist including side assist with electrically foldable door mirrors
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Body colour door mirrors with integrated indicators
- Electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors with memory feature
- Luxary brown wood decorative inserts
- Soul dashboard
- Petrol Particulate Filter
- Premium USB cable in choice of either Apple or Android smartphone compatibility
Exterior Body Features
- Body colour door handles
- Body colour rear roof spoiler
- Body colour bumpers
- Illuminated front grille
- Automatic headlamp activation with separate LED daytime running light and Coming home and Leaving home feature
- Rear lights incorporating LED technology
- High level 3rd brake light
- Highway light
- Welcome light
- Rear fog light on one side and reversing lights on both sides
- LED License plate illumination
- Automatic headlamp activation with Coming home and Leaving home feature
- Front fog lights with static cornering function and poor weather lighting
- Dust/pollen filter
- Climate control - 3 Zone electronic air conditioning with automatic air recirculation
- Art Velour leather upholstery + front sports comfort seats
- Centre console
- Front centre armrest with storage compartment
- Front cupholders x 2
- 12V socket in luggage compartment
- Height and reach adjustable steering wheel
- Removable luggage compartment cover
- 12V socket in front centre console
- Woven fabric storage compartments in front and rear doors
- Storm grey roof lining
- Art Velour cloth upholstery + front sports comfort seats
- LED front and rear reading lights X 2
- Luggage compartment lighting
- Ambient lighting - Customisable 30 colour ambient lighting
- Front and rear foot well interior light
- LED front reading lights X 2
- Two tone horn
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- 3 point height adj front seatbelts + pretensioners
- Front and rear passengers curtain airbag system including front side airbags
- Extended pedestrian protection measures
- Driver and front passenger airbag with front passenger airbag deactivation
- 3 rear three point seatbelts
- Drivers and front passengers safety optimised head restraints
- Mobile phone interface with wireless inductive charging function
- Front sport seats with height adjustment
- Front sport seats with lumbar adjustment
- 3 rear head restraints
- Split folding backrest with centre armrest and unsplit rear seat bench
- Isofix child seat preparation for 2 rear child seats and front passenger seat
- Height adjustable front seats
- Front seat lumbar support adjuster
- Electronic engine immobiliser
- Alarm with interior protection and deactivation via infotainment system
- Start/Stop function
- XDS electronic differential lock for improved traction and handling
- Drivers and front passengers sun visors with vanity mirrors
Wheels - Spare
- Tool kit and Jack
- 0 to 60 mph (secs)
- 0 to 62 mph (secs) 8.5
- Engine Power - BHP 150
- Engine Power - KW 110
- Engine Power - PS
- Engine Power - RPM 5000
- Engine Torque - LBS.FT 184
- Engine Torque - MKG 25.5
- Engine Torque - NM 250
- Engine Torque - RPM 1500
- Top Speed 139
Terms & Conditions: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information shown. However, errors do sometimes occur. The specification of each vehicle listed on the Vertu Volkswagen website is provided by "CAP". Please note that the Images of each vehicle are range shots, these can include images which do not reflect the precise details of the vehicle you are looking at and are purely used for illustrative purposes. The inclusion of such data does not imply any endorsement of any of its content nor any representation as to its accuracy.